Our work with Woodcraft Folk over three years has helped the organisation to develop on a number of levels and to become a significant provider of after school activities for children and young people in the Stroud District.
The Woodcraft Folk is an educational movement for children and young people, which aims to develop self confidence and activity in society, with the aim of building a world based on equality, friendship, peace and co-operation and a strong connection to the natural world. We have been working with Stroud Valleys Woodcraft Folk since 2012 and have achieved funding to support capacity, skills and inclusion development programmes for the organisation.
We can provide training and activities for organisations working with children and young people, individual sessions and weekend residential programmes to suit, including
- Safeguarding training
- First aid training for sessional leaders and volunteers
- Leadership training for adults and young people
- Behavior management and limit setting
- Residential camps for disabled and non-disabled young people
- Opportunities for adults to volunteer, learning and gaining confidence through experience
- Inclusion awareness and skills workshops
- Risk assessments and planning for positive risk
Have a look at this example weekend of Training and Activities for adults and young people with all day fun for children running alongside.