We see Environmental Sustainability as something that can enhance our lives, our work, our organisations and our communities. Science and appropriate technology are an integral part of our projects but also learning and thinking for its own sake, art, adventure, fun and creativity. At the core of sustainability is inclusion, something we take very seriously.
Community resilience, sustainability and environmental projects
- Youth Exploring Sustainability: putting sustainability and the environment on the agenda in secondary schools and youth organisations for campus, curriculum and community, work and life
- Future Now: making links between business and young people to support development of local opportunities for meaningful work placements, apprenticeships and career development
- Creative Camping: inclusive, cultural, artistic, cooperative and environmental summer camps for young people with places reserved for young people with disabilities or otherwise disadvantaged
- Youth Organisation Development: Co-ordination and development of the volunteer run local branch of national and international children’s charity for Social and Environmental Education, Woodcraft
- Stroud Community Power Initiative: enabling local schools to join the renewable energy generation, for communities to become shareholders and for all stakeholders to contribute to a lower carbon society
from CSCIC on Facebook
A rite of passage - Stroud Valleys Woodcraft Folk - Moving Up Ceremony Sat 1st - a rite of passage from one group to the next to the enchanting and hypnotic sound of Zimbabwean finger piano. (2 photos) ... See MoreSee Less
5 days ago View on Facebook
'Make a Difference!' - CSCIC promoting Stroud Valleys Woodcraft Folk at the 'Make a Difference' event in Stroud today. We've had lots of interest including Neil Carmichael MP (who has a family connection) and a Woodcraft Folk Elder - Maggie, who with the Songs of Change choir will be singing in the Tolpuddle Martyr's Play in Stroud 7th March. Woodies Venturer group (13-16) will of course be there as a part of their....Education for Social Change. ... See MoreSee Less
1 week ago View on Facebook
SCPI goes live! CSCIC has been helping create a new social enterprise working on local sustainability. Stroud Community Power Initiative (SCPI). SCPI is a community energy cooperative who are working in partnership with pioneers in the field Energy4All on the vitally important challenge of bringing community generated and owned energy to the Stroud District. SCPI became a registered Industrial Provident Society in Jan and is now ready to trade. So congratulations and good luck to all at SCPI! We look forward to working with them on the task of building a sustainable Stroud District. http://www.scpi.moonfruit.com/ ... See MoreSee Less
We are a group of local people that are concerned about, our town, our community and our environment. We are campaigning for a clean energy revolution with the community of Stroud at its heart.
2 weeks ago View on Facebook
We are running an extra residential this Easter! This special event is for all young people, aged 13-18, who think they need a bit of R and R, get a bit of head-space and experience a little luxury at the wonderful Hawkwood in Stroud, perhaps before the onslaught of exams.
Its the Well-Being Weekend from Sunday 6th to Tuesday 8th April -
2 nights at Hawkwood with really nice food cooked by their chefs and activities including
Film night (includes popcorn and icecream)
Bonfire and night walk plus stargazing
The cost is £100 to disabled and non-disabled young people, but let us know if this is a barrier, please.
Contact us soon, places are very limited. ... See MoreSee Less
3 weeks ago View on Facebook
Energy Project News
Our first School Energy audit is complete and our recommendations have been incorporated in to the buildings schedule and policy - a first in the Stroud District (if not Gloucestershire!).
The Student-led Behaviour Change Programe in the same school is going great - following consultations and a full school behaviour audit, students are drawing up a plan of action.
We are now working with a District primary school to do all this and with a particular focus on getting renewable energy generation on site.
Good Energy are on side, to establish an attractive tariff for Stroud District Schools that will encourage take up of green electricity provision, collecting information about billing and usage. We've approached all the District Schools, including primary schools - let your school know that this is all available for them ... See MoreSee Less
3 weeks ago View on Facebook